Effervescent Cardigan Pattern

Effervescent Cardigan Pattern Now Available!

The pattern is now available in my Etsy shop!
Here’s the original version of the sweater, which I knit over 2 years ago.

Little Summer Sweater

The new version is a bit more refined than the original: the raglan, neckline and waist shaping are more well-integrated into the stitch pattern, the lower edge treatment flows from the body pattern more naturally, and I think the proportions are more well-balanced.

I’m pretty excited about it. I hope you like it!

5 Comments

1. Posted July 21, 2009 at 2:40 am | Permalink

I love what you did to the neckline. The whole thing is more flattering now. I like the new website look, too.

2. Posted July 22, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Hooray! I liked it two years ago but the new version is definitely better. The new neckline will work better on more people, I think (including me!).

3. Julia
    Posted August 11, 2009 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Hi. This is a great sweater, and I’ve been looking for something like it to wear over sleeveless tops.

I would call myself an intermediate knitter, so I’m not too comfortable changing a pattern. But I would really prefer sleeves that are a little bit longer. Is the pattern such that I could just keep knitting for another inch or two, or would I have to figure out complicated things to adjust the sleeve length?

Julia

4. Posted August 14, 2009 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Thank you, Julia! I think it would be pretty easy to lengthen the sleeve a bit. If you are an intermediate knitter I’m guessing you have likely knit simple lace patterns before; you’d need only a basic familiarity with lace patterns to be able to convert the lace pattern from being worked back and forth to being worked in the round. :)

5. Posted September 2, 2009 at 10:54 am | Permalink

I just bought the pattern… it’s terrific! Thanks for taking care of the ample girls amoung us – I appreciate the larger sizing very much.